Malik Nabers is a wide receiver from LSU. He is expected to be a top-10 overall selection in the 2024 NFL Draft. He is currently No. 5 overall on our 2024 Dynasty Rookie Rankings & SuperFlex Big Board and will be a top-five pick in fantasy football dynasty rookie drafts.
Check out our Fantasy Stock Watch for our 2024 Rookie Draft Profiles and Scouting Reports.
MALIK NABERS DRAFT PROFILE AND FANTASY FOOTBALL VALUE
- As a High School Prospect: Composite 4-Star, 251st Overall (WR39)
- Skillset & Traits: Nabers embodies the type of dynamic playmaker coveted by every team in today’s NFL, creating mismatches from the slot and the outside. His smooth movements and seemingly effortless play style make him a perpetual threat, capable of turning intermediate receptions into game-changing plays. Nabers’ silky route running, exceptional hands, and elusive running after the catch cement his position as the second-best wideout in this class.
- Production: He amassed 189 receptions, 3,003 receiving yards, and 21 total touchdowns over his three seasons at LSU.
- NFL Combine: Height: 6-0 Weight: 200 — Rest coming soon
MALIK NABERS SCOUTING REPORT
- Played both the Z and X, along with the slot, causing a mismatch for opposing defensive backs
- Elite route runner with ankle-breaking quickness in and out of routes
- Reliable target with exceptional hands and dynamic after the catch
- Turns routine catches into game-changing plays with absurd YAC ability
- Was the primary weapon for LSU’s explosive offense over the last two seasons
- Nabers can add to his vertical game as a straight-line, deep-ball threat
- Can improve against physical corners on the outside and might be primarily utilized out of the slot in the NFL
MALIK NABERS PRODUCTION PROFILE
Malik Nabers emerged as a dominant force for LSU, earning widespread recognition as the nation’s top wide receiver during his junior year in 2023. His remarkable performance led to unanimous consensus All-America honors and multiple First-Team All-Conference selections.
Despite narrowly missing out on the Biletnikoff Award to Marvin Harrison Jr., Nabers solidified his place in LSU history, capping his career as the school’s all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards. His consistency and impact on the field were evident, as he became one of only two players in LSU history to surpass the 3,000-yard mark in receiving yards, showcasing his prowess as a playmaker.
Throughout his LSU career, Nabers’ reliability was unparalleled, rarely going a game without making an impact. His streak of consecutive games with a reception highlighted his consistency and dependability on the field. Even against tough opponents like Alabama, he remained a focal point of LSU’s offense. He capped his career with back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons and was Jayden Daniels‘ top target.
His playmaking ability is what differentiates him from other top prospects. He led the nation with 120.7 receiving yards per game, plays of 20-plus yards (34), and plays of over 30 yards (17). He also upped his target share from 20.7% in 2022 to 26% in 2023 and his catch rate from 72.7% to 84%.
Made Bruce Feldman’s 2023 ‘Freaks List’ at No. 33. Feldman described Nabers as, “The 6-0, 201-pound junior measured at 1.01 RSImod — reactive strength index modified. This essentially describes Nabers’ ability to complete his max vertical jump at a very fast rate, so along with having a vertical leap of almost 40 inches, he can reach that feat faster than anyone on the team. Nabers also produced 2700 watts peak power on power clean, which is remarkable for a skill player.”
Nabers’ combination of athleticism, hands, and football IQ solidified his status as one of LSU’s all-time greats, leaving a lasting legacy as a versatile and dynamic playmaker for the Tigers.
MALIK NABERS NFL COMBINE AND ATHLETIC PROFILE
Will be updated after the 2024 NFL Combine
Don’t be upset about those drafting outside the top three in dynasty drafts because Malik Nabers is the best consolation prize one could have after Marvin Harrison Jr. The LSU product would’ve been WR1 in almost any other year, but he happens to be in the same class as another elite talent.
He was tabbed as Jayden Daniels’ WR1 for the past two seasons and proved he could do it all this season, posting over 1,500 yards and 14 touchdown receptions on 89 receptions.
Nabers epitomizes the dynamic playmaker every team covets in today’s game, seamlessly transitioning between roles as an electric wide receiver. His versatility extends beyond his ability to line up across all receiver spots and is a mismatch from both the outside and inside, but mostly lethal out of the slot.
Nabers’ fluidity and effortless style of play make him a constant threat on the field, capable of turning any reception into a game-changing play. Beyond his prowess as a receiver, he showcases a multifaceted skill set, excelling in blocking and proving to be a formidable force in all facets of the game. Nabers’ reliability, paired with his exceptional hands and elusiveness after the catch, solidifies his status as a go-to option for LSU’s offense, leaving defenders struggling to contain his explosive playmaking abilities.
Overall, he’s better after the catch than Harrison Jr., and the gap between the two future alphas is not as significant as most believe. Nabers has future fantasy WR1 written all over him and will make an instant impact as a rookie.