Normal, sane owners have no reason for Week 17 Fantasy Football Rankings. In fact, I have no interest in encouraging such psychotic behavior — under no circumstances should a fantasy football league and its owners’ fortunes ever extend into the uncertain mess that is week. Every year, NFL with their seeding locked up (like the Saints) will rest starters, sometimes even after declaring them active just to mess with us a little more. Thus, owners who have dominated all season often find themselves without their most explosive weaponry, and ultimately robbed of a title.
In fact, we break 2018’s Week 17 mess down here:
Still, if your sadly in this position, or (ideally) a DFS aficionado, The Wolf won’t leave you stranded. Below, find my Week 17 Fantasy Football rankings. Plus, I want ALL of your questions and concerns. Hit me up on @RotoStreetWolf on Twitter or Snapchat with any and all quandaries. Hell, maybe we’ll do one last DFS-centric Fantasy Tailgate Sit / Start Show this Sunday @11:00 AM EST on Facebook Live.
As the week progresses, I will keep adding notes on starters who may be resting in a running update log. Oftentimes, capitalizing on the inactives list can lead to huge Week 17 DFS bargains and success so this is crucial.
Lastly, these Week 16 Fantasy Football Rankings will be updated on a rolling basis throughout the week. As a scoring reminder, they are based on 1/2 PPR, 4 Pt Passing TD Scoring
Week 17 Updates
- James Conner logged full practices all week, and is now on track to return in the juiciest of matchups. The Bengals surrender the second-most FPs in the league to RBs, and Conner himself dropped a robust 24+ FPs against them last time. With the Steelers in a must-win spot, and also potentially without Antonio Brown, they will need to squeeze everything they can get out of Conner. He’s up to my RB5 on the week, while Jaylen Samuels falls out of starting consideration (unless desperate at TE)
- On the flip-side, there’s “not a lot of optimism” Antonio Brown will play according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. He reportedly is dealing with knee soreness after the game on the turf. JuJu Smith Schuster is now behind only Davante Adams in this week’s WR rankings.
- Todd Gurley is OUT against the 49ers, handing the backfield keys to CJ Anderson once more. Anderson rumbled for 167 yards and a TD last week, and is in line for another 15-20 carries in a soft matchup. He’s my RB15.
- Spencer Ware has practiced in full this week, which makes Damien Williams just slightly less attractive. Williams had been benefitting from featured workhorse volume to the tune of 20+ FPs in back-to-back weeks. Now, he’s still the favorite for touches, but could lose GL or other volume. He falls from my RB3 to my RB7 now.
- Thankfully, the Cowboys announced Ezekiel Elliott will be sitting ahead of time this year. Rod Smith will get featured back duties against a Giants team getting decimated on the ground, but he’s surprisingly a bit pricey at $5400.
- Allen Robinson is OUT… woo. Hopefully you weren’t considering him in a tough matchup anyways.
- Leonard Fournette is doubtful, so Carlos Hyde and TJ Yeldon will man this gross backfield. Don’t expect much from either against a stout HOU front.
- Both Julio Jones and Tevin Coleman will be playing in great spots against the Bucs. This will be Coleman’s swan song before free agency, so expect him to be running hard… although he is definitely a reinjury risk. Meanwhile, Julio should destroy the Bucs again — he put 144 up on them last time.
Week 17 Fantasy Football Rankings
It’s DFS Week! Make sure you don’t leave empty-handed and follow the best Week 17 Fantasy Football Rankings in the business! Hit up @RotoStreetWolf, and be sure to tune into The Fantasy Tailgate LIVE Sit / Start Show, Sunday @ 11 AM EST on Facebook.