After months and months of waiting, NFL Training Camp is finally here!
Every day, the RSJ staff tracks fantasy football news and highlights from around the league, serving as your lead blockers to 2023 fantasy football greatness. From viral highlights to familiar coach-speak narratives to season-altering injuries, we’ve got you covered.
Here are some standout fantasy news and notes from training camps from around the NFL on August 16.
AARON RODGERS GETTING NO HELP FROM JETS OFFENSIVE LINE
Another day, another headline about how poor the New York Jets offensive line play has been. This seems to be an ongoing issue in Jets camp as the offensive line has held back a team poised to make a big jump. Maybe the defense was just that good to start, but now at joint practices, it appears the Jets might have a serious problem on its hands.
Aaron Rodgers has been running for his life with little time to throw in the pocket. Should this keep up, it could put a strain on the offense and limit their production. Despite the short time he has to throw the ball, Rodgers has reportedly been targeting Garrett Wilson like crazy as the second year receiver is looking at a massive breakout season.
LUKE MUSGRAVE CONTINUES STRONG CAMP
Packers rookie Luke Musgrave is making a name for himself as Green Bay looks to revamp their offense. With Jordan Love now the team’s signal caller, a clear top three receiving options have been set for the offense. Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs and Musgrave are the three playing the most snaps and seeing the most attention from Love.
We’re always looking for late tight end value in drafts, and Musgrave could be the guy to circle on your draft boards. We know he’s talented and has plenty of speed for the position, so a guy with this opportunity and usage should make him valuable. And the best part of this all, he’s practically free to draft right now.
OTHER FANTASY NOTES
- Not the best day for Lions receivers Amon-Ra St. Brown and Jameson Williams, who are dealing with leg injuries
- Titans WR Treylon Burks was carted off the field today with a knee injury
- Ravens rookie Zay Flowers continues to cook in 1-on-1 battles
- Justyn Ross returned to practice after leaving on a cart yesterday
- Vikings rookie Jordan Addison is currently dealing with a concussion
- Nice to see new Texans TE Dalton Schultz finally showing up at camp
- Tampa Bay Bucs WR3 Russell Gage left practice on the cart; word is that he is out for the season