Week 13 — the definition of Do or Die time. Whether you’re clawing your way into the playoffs, doing your damndest to secure a bye, or intent on spoiling a rival’s season to bring a shred of joy to your abysmal campaign, this will be the last hurrah for many. Make sure your lineup is set and you’re extending your fantasy year with the best rankings around.
Tier 1 – Potential Top Scorers
1) Drew Brees (NO) vs. Det – Even though I’d do whatever Brady asked of me (literally, anything), Brees still gets the #1 nod in Week 13. He’s been unstoppable all year, but especially at home, and now gets the hapless Detroit secondary to feast upon. Anything under 30 FPs would be a disappointment.
2) Tom Brady (NE) vs. LA – No Gronk and Brees’ juiciness knock Brady from his usual throne, but his usual 300+ yards and 3 TDs are certainly attainable
3) Matt Ryan (ATL) vs. KC – We saw what the creature known as Siemian did (360 yards and 3 TDs). Fire up Ryan with confidence.
Tier 2 – Locked in QB1s
4) Aaron Rodgers (GB) vs. HOU
5) Andrew Luck (IND) @ NYJ
6) Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) vs. NYG
7) Philip Rivers (SD) vs. TB
8) Matthew Stafford (DET) @ NO
9) Derek Carr (OAK) vs. BUF
10) Dak Prescott (DAL) @ MIN – At a certain point, you have to just forget about matchup and accept a guy as a true stud. Prescott hasn’t been below 18 FPs since Week 1, and has six straight of 20+. Hell, a tighter contest with Minnesota should only help him.
11) Colin Kaepernick (SF) @ CHI – Can’t believe “The Kneeler” has achieved locked-in QB1 status, but remember this is fantasy, not real life. He’s becoming more and more comfortable in Chip Kelly’s system by the week.
12) Kirk Cousins (WAS) @ ARI – Read Prescott, Dak.
Tier 3 – Low-end QB1s, High-end QB2s
Lots of quality QB options this week, with 18 very startable names. The drop off into the realm of terrors is quite steep, however…
13) Jameis Winston (TB) @ SD – This has the feel of a shoot out. Follow the points.
14) Russell Wilson (SEA) vs. CAR
15) Tyrod Taylor (BUF) @ OAK
16) Cam Newton (CAR) @ SEA
17) Eli Manning (NYG) @ PIT
18) Carson Palmer (ARI) vs. WAS
Tier 4 – Last possible starters
19) Matt Barkley (CHI) vs. SF
20) Alex Smith (KC) @ ATL
21) Ryan Fitzpatrick (NYJ) vs. IND
22) Andy Dalton (CIN) vs. PHI
23) Ryan Tannehill (MIA) @ BAL
Tier 5 – I know… Sad songs…
24) Blake Bortles (JAC) vs. DEN
25) Carson Wentz (PHI) @ CIN
26) Jared Goff (LA) @ NE
27) Trevor Siemian (DEN) @ JAC QUESTIONABLE
28) Joe Flacco (BAL) vs. MIA
29) Sam Bradford (MIN) vs. DAL
30) Brock Osweiler (HOU) @ GB