This trade value chart probably looks different than other charts you’re used to seeing. Most other analysts take their rest of the season rankings, apply arbitrary numbers to each player based on rank order, and call it a day.
I used a value-based drafting Excel tool to create the initial pre-Week 1 values for this chart. Since then, I have made changes based on the results from the first three weeks, FantasyPros Rest of the Season ECR, The Wolf’s Rest of Season Rankings, and my expected fantasy points analysis (updated every Wednesday).
All values are based on a 12 team league with full-PPR scoring. Click the links below to see values for other positions.
|Melvin Gordon III||RB||DEN||21||21|
WEEK 12 RB RISERS, FALLERS, AND INJURY NOTES
I am writing this on Monday night and tried to take the following injuries into account, but stay tuned for updates throughout the week. Injury data is primarily sourced from The Fantasy Doctors and ProFootballDoc.
- Christian McCaffrey, the top asset in the chart last week, was unfortunately placed on injured reserve for the second time. His season is over. Losing McCaffrey is a brutal blow to fantasy owners, but you should not turn to Chuba Hubbard to replace him like last time. Instead, teammate Ameer Abdullah played 27 snaps to Hubbard’s 11 and saw all four non-McCaffrey targets out of the backfield. This is likely going to be a timeshare, but you want Abdullah instead of Hubbard based on recent usage.
- D’Andre Swift suffered a shoulder sprain on Thanksgiving. Coach Dan Campbell expected Swift to miss Week 13. Still, the hope is that this is only a short-term absence, and Swift now makes a good trade target for teams that can withstand his absence in the short term. Backup Jamaal Williams played 31 of 40 snaps that Swift missed and should be a top waiver add.
- Dalvin Cook dislocated his shoulder and according to Dr. Jesse Morse, could miss anywhere from 2 weeks to the rest of the season. Ian Rapoport reports that the injury is not season-ending, but the hope is to rest Cook for a few games. Head coach Mike Zimmer says that the injury is day-to-day. At this point, it’s hard to say how much time Cook will miss, but his value takes a significant hit. If he is available in your league, burn any remaining FAAB on Alexander Mattison.
- The Cowboys could potentially give running back Ezekiel Elliott time off to heal from his current lower-body injuries, but his status remains uncertain for now. His value takes a small hit, but monitor practice reports.
- Darrell Henderson reportedly suffered a quad strain in Week 12, but he didn’t appear to miss time. Monitor practice reports this week.
- Washington’s J.D. McKissic was injured late on Monday Night Football and carted off. If he misses significant time, teammate Antonio Gibson might finally see the role managers have been wanting all season. I moved Gibson up immediately following the injury, but McKissic’s status is still unclear at this time. If McKissic misses significant time, Gibson may be undervalued on this chart.
- We are far enough into the season that most single-game performances won’t change the rankings much, but risers this week include Joe Mixon, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Leonard Fournette. Fallers include Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, and Miles Sanders.