Snow is starting to fall. Christmas music is playing. Finals are in full swing as schools start closing for winter vacation. Clearly, only one thing should be on your mind: fantasy football playoffs.
Win, and you’re one step closer to that glorious title. Lose, and you’re waiting over 250 days for your next shot. Lineups need to be 100% perfect if you want to avoid saying hello to the darkness for another week, check out The Wolf’s thoughts to make sure you’re fully stocked for a win.
Tier 1 – Potential Top Scorers
1) David Johnson (ARI) @ MIA
2) Le’Veon Bell (PIT) @ BUF
3) Ezekiel Ellliott (DAL) @ NYG
4) LeSean McCoy (BUF) vs. PIT
5) DeMarco Murray (TEN) vs. DEN
6) Matt Forte (NYJ) @ SF
Tier 2 – Remaining RB1s
7) Melvin Gordon (SD) @ CAR
8) Spencer Ware (KC) vs. OAK
9) Devonta Freeman (ATL) @ LA – I keep throwing shade, and he keeps scoring TDs. Freeman’s a stud.
10) Latavius Murray (OAK) @ KC
11) Jeremy Hill (CIN) @ CLE
12) Doug Martin (TB) vs. NO
13) Thomas Rawls (SEA) @ GB
14) Jordan Howard (CHI) @ DET
Tier 3 – Quality RB2s
15) Lamar Miller (HOU) @ IND
16) Carlos Hyde (SF) vs. NYJ – This is a game that should remain close with the creature named Bryce Petty on the other side, which plays right into a big day for Hyde.
17) Darren Sproles (PHI) vs. WAS – They get destroyed in the air versus RBs, which is Sproles’ specialty.
18) Theo Riddick (DET) vs. CHI
19) Frank Gore (IND) vs. HOU
20) Jay Ajayi (MIA) vs. ARI – My pick for “Bum” of the week; he’s been fading fast and now gets the 31st ranked matchup.
21) Mark Ingram (NO) @ TB
22) Todd Gurley (LA) vs. ATL
23) Jonathan Stewart (CAR) vs. SD – He’s literally been 20 points or single digits, making him a risky play; nonetheless, a date with San Diego should help swing the pendulum to boom.
24) Robert Kelley (WAS) @ PHI
Tier 4 – Last Startable Names
25) Tevin Coleman (ATL) @ LA – I could see a huge “kill-the-clock” Coleman effort that results in multiple TDs.
26) LeGarrette Blount (NE) vs. BAL – Normally a low-end RB1, a date with the best rushing defense in the league lessens his appeal significantly. This has a Dion Lewis / James White feel to it, but a TD is definitely within Blount’s grasp.
27) Dion Lewis (NE) vs. BAL – In a game that should be tight and rely on Brady’s arm, Lewis’ coming-out-party might finally be here.
28) Isaiah Crowell (CLE) vs. CIN – He had two of his top three games when the mobile threat of RGIII was under center, and now matches up with a Bengals defense that can be run upon. Crowell also has been more involved in the receiving game lately, making him a usable play if you can stomach it in your finals.
29) Devontae Booker (DEN) @ TEN – He’s been so horribly inefficient that just-signed Justin Forsett is expected to split carries. This line is terrible, and Booker doesn’t seem to be running with the same aggression as before.
Tier 5 – I guess if you’re desperate…
30) Kenneth Dixon (BAL) @ NE – This backfield is tough to project, but Dixon’s consistent receiving role should be necessary in a game that’ll require catch up.
31) Charles Sims (TB) vs. NO – Just returning from the I.R., Sims is a major dice roll; nonetheless, New Orleans surrenders a ton of receptions to RBs & Doug Martin has a mysterious ailment that could lead to serious work. There’s a sneaky big ceiling here.
32) Ryan Mathews (PHI) vs. WAS – Expected back in Week 14 and as strong a bet for a TD as any in this group; any reports indicating the distribution of this three-headed monster will be key to follow.
33) Bilal Powell (NYJ) @ SF
34) Rashad Jennings (NYG) vs. DAL
35) Terrance West (BAL) @ NE – His best shot at value is an early TD, or if the Ravens somehow get up early.
36) Rex Burkhead (CIN) @ CLE – Shockingly a plausible toss-in during playoff week. Hopefully if you made the playoffs you’re not sinking this low.
Tier 6 – Really? You made the playoffs?
37) Mike Gillislee (BUF) vs. PIT
38) James White (NE) vs. BAL – Dion Lewis’ expanded role has predicatably sapped White of any type of dependability.
39) Duke Johnson (CLE) vs. CIN
40) Derrick Henry (TEN) vs. DEN
41) Jalen Richard (OAK) @ KC
42) Tim Hightower (NO) @ TB
43) Chris Thompson (WAS) @ PHI
44) Jerick McKinnon (MIN) @ JAC
45) Matt Asiata (MIN) @ JAC