Preseason Week 1
Risers, Fallers & Sleepers
Alshon Jeffery, Jerick Mckinnon, Round 3 RBs
Don't miss a single audio lead-block
Subscribe on your favorite Channel (linked below):
Preseason Kickoff Market Report:
The fantasy football season is hurtling towards us like Eddie Lacy towards a free buffet of crab rangoon, with Preseason Week 1 officially in the books. Anyone who says, “The Preseason doesn’t matter!” is a true sheep, as Fantasy Wolves consider all possible evidence.
From rapport building, to role development and unexpected usage, to overall team performances and glimpses at new schemes, plenty of important trends emerge that cannot be ignored. The Wolf and Truth read you all the headlines from our Preseason Week 1 Risers, Fallers, and Penny Stocks Recap, before diving in for a few more in depth to preview the piece. And yes, we talk about Cam Newton and Kelvin Benjamin's pre-game confrontation (before discussing Benjamin’s sneaky Target Hog upside).
Plus, we tackle a jam packed stock watch featuring:
- Alshon Jeffery’s injury and what it means for the other pass-catchers in Philadelphia
- Jerick McKinnon’s injury and his stock now with Alfred Morris in San Francisco -- and what Morris himself could bring to the table
- Developments in the ever-valuable Saints' backup RB story, which will make it even easier to select Mark Ingram at his steal price.
- Bears Passing Game Developments -- who’s emerging as the top targets, and will Mitch Trubisky’s play allow it to matter?
- John Brown’s Rising Penny Stock Value
- A Saquon Barkley scare.
Plus, as has become tradition, Roto Joe is back for another round of Tier Jerkers. Here, the boys break down the 3rd Round(ish) RB scene--he and The Wolf rank Christian McCaffrey, Alex Collins, Derrick Henry, Jay Ajayi, and Joe Mixon for your drafting pleasure. Both Joe and Wolf differ vastly in their organization of this tier, so find out where and why certain players are higher or lower.
The pod is wrapped up with a couple of items from the mailbag, including what to do with your 2nd and 3rd Round Picks if drafting No.1 overall, as well as a QB question circling on Jared Goff and Deshaun Watson.
Don't miss it--subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever the hell you get your podcasts. Also check out our Youtube page while you're at it, huh?
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts or get on air:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Submit a Question or Voice Mail
- Follow, DM us, and share out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher .
Don't use any of the apps above?
Join "The Wolfpack" to get every new episode and "show notes" sent straight to your inbox!
About the Show
Just like the real game, fantasy football is truly a game of inches. From that crucial waiver wire pick-up, to the right draft-day selection in Round 9, fantasy titles are won with those hard-nosed, unsung, fullback-esque moves. That’s where the astutely researched, undeniably bold, and unfathomably genius opinions of our very-own Wolf and Truth come in. Gritty. Dirty. Always pushing the pile. Gain that crucial yard with the Fantasy Fullback Dive.
Visit the Fantasy Fullback Dive homepage here
More Goalline Plunges
Enter your text here...