On The Fantasy Beat 2:
How Beckham, Barkley, Engram & Shepard Fit Into
Pat Shurmur's Offense
w/ Giants Insider Dan Schneier
Don't miss a single audio lead-block
Subscribe on your favorite Channel (linked below):
Cowboys Fantasy Preview w/ RJ Ochoa
As promised, we stay in-division for Round 2 of “On The Fantasy Beat,” this time looking at the Giants revamped offense under Pat Shurmur, and how the many exciting pieces (Odell Beckham, Saquon Barkley, Evan Engram and Sterling Shepard) all fit in.
To do so, we welcome in Giants Insider and PFF analyst Dan Schneier, who’s impressive resume includes Giants coverage for 247Sports and CBS Sports, as well as fantasy for Pro Football Focus, and his own Giants Podcast, “Big Blue Banter.”
Before diving into specific players and their expected roles, Schneir gives us an excellent breakdown of Shurmur’s overall offense. Learn why it’s being compared to “musical chairs,” and how this offense will create mismatch nightmares if executed properly. Then, we dive into the big names:
- How’s Odell Beckham looking post surgery, and fitting into this overall scheme?
- What’s rookie Saquon Barkley bringing to the table, and will he be the next great “Shurmur Bellcow?”
- Is Evan Engram set for an even more impressive sophomore campaign after his major rookie splash, and what different ways is Shurmur using him?
- Plus, should Sterling Shepard be as far under the radar as he is, and can Eli Manning sustain all these fantasy products?
Then, Schneier shares his NFC East Predictions, before bringing his PFF Fantasy Background to our “No Huddle Fantasy Offense.” Here, it’s clear Schneier is equally versed in the virtual gridiron as he is with the Giants, as he powers through question after question with in-depth analysis and hot takes on potential season winners, losers, and major sleepers. This podcast is must listen material for all Giants and fantasy football fans alike, so don’t miss out!
Covering Football and Fantasy for nearly a decade now, Schneier has a deep analytical and historical expertise of both the real and virtual gridiron. He's served as the editor and manager of all content on 247 New York Giants, while also hosting both the Big Blue Banter Podcast and 'Giants Time' Facebook Live show and iTunes podcast. His access and analysis of all things Giants is pristine.
Equally impressive, Schneier's covered Fantasy for Industry Giant Pro Football Focus for over seven years. Thus, he combines his Insider Access to Giants Camp with the advanced analytical perspective fantasy owners have come to love and crave from PFF.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts or get on air:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Submit a Question or Voice Mail
- Follow, DM us, and share out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher .
Don't use any of the apps above?
Join "The Wolfpack" to get every new episode and "show notes" sent straight to your inbox!
About the Show
Just like the real game, fantasy football is truly a game of inches. From that crucial waiver wire pick-up, to the right draft-day selection in Round 9, fantasy titles are won with those hard-nosed, unsung, fullback-esque moves. That’s where the astutely researched, undeniably bold, and unfathomably genius opinions of our very-own Wolf and Truth come in. Gritty. Dirty. Always pushing the pile. Gain that crucial yard with the Fantasy Fullback Dive.
Visit the Fantasy Fullback Dive homepage here