The dark tunnel at the end of the light is getting closer as we hit Week 9. With playoff seeding very far from locked in yet, a fantasy win is as important as ever. Make sure your lineup is as strong as possible with The Wolf’s Week 9 rankings.
Tier 1 – Potential Top Scorers
1) Antonio Brown (PIT) @ BAL – With Brave Ben back, Brown reclaims the WR throne.
2) Julio Jones (ATL) @ TB
Tier 2 – Locked in WR1s
3) Mike Evans (TB) vs. ATL
4) Dez Bryant (DAL) @ CLE
5) Odell Beckham Jr. (NYG) vs. PHI
6) Jarvis Landry (MIA) vs. NYJ – Here comes the explosion.
7) Brandin Cooks (NO) @ SF
8) Jordy Nelson (GB) vs. IND
9) Kelvin Benjamin (CAR) vs LA – Gut feeling he explodes for a WR1 game after a few quiet weeks
Tier 3 – Elite WR2s, Low-end WR1s
10) Brandon Marshall (NYJ) @ MIA
11) T.Y. Hilton (IND) @ GB QUESTIONABLE – Hilton “won’t commit to playing” for Week 9 after suffering a hamstring injury Sunday. He did return to the game, but didn’t have his normal deep jets, and this could be a real concern. If reports emerge that he’ll sit or is playing at less than 100%, his and Moncrief’s rankings will be adjusted accordingly
12) Demaryius Thomas and 13) Emmanuel Sanders (DEN) @ OAK – A juicy matchup for the two who make life so difficult to project
13) Donte Moncrief (IND) @ GB – Will vault into the top tier if Hilton is hampered / inactive
Tier 4 – Quality WR2s
14) Amari Cooper (OAK) vs. DEN
15) Davante Adams (GB) vs. IND
16) Terrelle Pryor (CLE) vs. DAL
17) Randall Cobb (GB) vs. IND
18) Allen Robinson (JAC) @ KC – The targets remain available…maybe this week he actually starts doing something with them? Puke.
19) Michael Thomas (NO) @ SF
Tier 5 – Quality WR3s, (very) low-end WR2s
20) Doug Baldwin (JAC) @ KC
21) Michael Crabtree (OAK) vs. DEN
22) Stefon Diggs (MIN) vs. DET
23) Jordan Matthews (PHI) @ NYG
24) Marvin Jones (DET) @ MIN
25) Corey Coleman (CLE) vs. DAL – Coleman makes his triumphant return in Week 9, and will be one of the most intriguing fantasy storylines to monitor after dumping 104 yards and 2 TDs onto Baltimore in his last start.
26) Ty Montgomery (GB) vs. IND QUESTIONABLE – Similar to last week, Montgomery is practicing on a limited basis with his illness (sickle cell trait related). This obviously assumes he plays, unlike his surprise inactive last week.
27) Willie Snead (NO) @ SF
28) Mike Wallace (BAL) vs. PIT
29) Tyrell Williams (SD) vs. TEN
30) Quincy Enunwa (NYJ) @ MIA
31) Jeremy Maclin (KC) vs. JAC
32) Kenny Britt (LA) vs. CAR – Carolina gets destroyed through the air; roll Britt out with confidence this week.
33) Travis Benjamin (SD) vs. TEN QUESTIONABLE – Benjamin played through a PCL Injury the past few weeks, and fared surprisingly well against the difficult Broncos. Still, his health cannot be taken for granted, and Benjamin must be watched closely entering Sunday; Tyrell Williams and Dontrelle Inman would see significant boosts if he is unable to go.
Tier 6 – Last startable names
34) Tavon Austin (LA) vs. CAR
35) Mohamed Sanu (ATL) @ TB
36) Allen Hurns (JAC) @ KC
37) Sammie Coates (PIT) @ BAL
38) Golden Tate (DET) @ MIN
39) Cole Beasley (DAL) @ CLE
40) Devante Parker (MIA) vs. NYJ
41) Kendall Wright (TEN) @ SD
42) Torrey Smith (SF) vs. NO – An ugly dice roll worth taking if desperate given this matchup
43) Adam Humphries (TB) vs ATL – With Russel Shepard out, Humphries could be a sneaky bet for serious volume against a bad, bad secondary. Give him a look if you’re desperate and want some TNF excitement.
44) Kenny Stills (MIA) vs. NYJ – See Smith, Torrey.
Tier 7 – I woke up this morning, and the sun was gone
45) Cordarrelle Patterson (MIN) vs. DET
46) Sterling Shepard (NYG) vs. PHI
47) Tyreek Hill (KC) vs. JAC
48) Rishard Matthews (TEN) @ SD
49) Brian Quick (LA) vs. CAR