Week 4 is upon us, and we’re somehow almost a quarter done with the 2016 season already. Hopefully you’re sitting pretty at 3-0, but even at 0-3 you should never lose hope. Check out our Week 4 rankings to make sure your lineup is in the best shape possible to get you that all important win.
Week 4 byes: Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles
Tier 1 – Potential Top Scorers
- Cam Newton (CAR) @ ATL
Tier 1.5 – Might Challenge Cam…
2. Drew Brees (NO) @ SD
3. Andrew Luck (IND) @ JAC
4. Phillip Rivers (SD) vs. NO
Tier 2 – Remaining QB1s
5. Matthew Stafford (DET) @ CHI
6. Carson Palmer (ARI) vs. LA
7. Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) vs. KC
8. Blake Bortles (JAC) vs. IND – Consider this a “measuring stick” game for Bortles. If he can’t get it done against Indy, he’s droppable.
9. Kirk Cousins (WAS) vs. CLE
10. Joe Flacco (BAL) vs. OAK
11. Derek Carr (OAK) vs. BAL
12. Ryan Tannehill (MIA) @ CIN – Tannehill has scored 20+ FP in two straight contests, and now gets a matchup with a Cincy defense that has surrendered the 4th most points to QBs this year. It probably won’t be pretty, but the points should be there Thursday night if you need a streamer / Rodgers replacement.
Tier 3 – Upside QB2s
13. Russell Wilson (SEA) @ NYJ – While I don’t love the Seahawks offensive line versus the Jets stout front — especially with Wilson’s limited mobility after an injury — New York can be had through the air. Wilson comes with a very low floor, but also a sneaky high ceiling that I’d have a hard time benching if I’m sinking this low.
14. Jameis Winston (TB) vs. DEN – Winston owns two blow ups (26, 28 points) and one enormous bust. A match-up with an intimidating Broncos D would suggest “bust” is more likely. Yet, Winston owns the NFL lead in pass attempts and the team abandoned the run early against LA, where Winston heaved 405 yards and 3 TDs. I’m not dying to start him if I have better options, but I’m not fading him either. He could make for a sneaky under-owned DraftKings play that pans out.
15. Andy Dalton (CIN) vs. MIA
16. Dak Prescott (DAL) @ SF
17. Matt Ryan (ATL) vs. CAR
18. Trevor Siemian (DEN) @ TB – Was last week’s 4 TD bombfest a fluke? Or a sign of legitimacy? A soft TB defense should give Siemian a chance to prove it’s the latter. A high upside streamer.
Tier 4 – Remaining QB2s
19. Jimmy Garoppolo (NE) vs. BUF – QUESTIONABLE – Jimmy will rise — perhaps even above Winston — if he’s starting. This guy can ball, and a match-up with Buffalo strikes no fear.
20. Tyrod Taylor (BUF) @ NE
21. Eli Manning (NYG) @ MIN
22. Brian Hoyer (CHI) vs. DET – Threw up 18 FP against DAL last week, and now squares off with a DET defense that has surrendered the most FP to opposing signal callers. Find the puke bucket when you set him in, but be pleasantly surprised when he’s halfway decent.
23. Alex Smith (KC) @ PIT
24. Brock Osweiler (HOU) vs. TEN
25. Sam Bradford (MIN) vs. NYG
26. Marcus Mariota (TEN) @ HOU
27. Ryan Fitzpatrick (NYJ) vs. SEA