Tier 1 – Potential Top Scorers
1. Jordan Reed (WAS) @ NYG
2. Delanie Walker (TEN) vs. OAK
3. Greg Olsen (CAR) vs. MIN
4. Rob Gronkowski (NE) QUESTIONABLE – If he plays, Gronkowski instantly enters the #1 TE conversation, even with Jacoby Brissett as his QB. The latest reports suggest he is far closer this week than last. A conservative, play – action heavy scheme only helps him. Martellus Bennett is currently ranked as if Gronk will be active. This will be updated accordingly (bumped to the top 7) if not.
Tier 2 – TE1 options
5. Julius Thomas (JAC) vs. BAL
6. Dennis Pitta (BAL) @ JAC
7. Travis Kelce (KC) vs. NYJ
8. Dwayne Allen (IND) vs. SD
9. Jason Witten (DAL) vs. CHI
10. Eric Ebron (DET) @ GB
Tier 3 – Higher-end TE2s
11. Martellus Bennett (NE) vs. HOU – This rank assumes Gronk plays. Bennett will be bumped above Pitta assuming he’s the main option.
12. Gary Barnidge (CLE) @ MIA – He should receive a bump in targets with Corey Coleman’s injury, and the rookie QB could actually bend favorably for Barnidge if Kessler needs a security blanket. Ideally you can wait and see how their rapport is, but Barnidge comes with some upside against a MIA D that just got scorched by Bennett.
13. Jacob Tamme (ATL) @ NO
14. Jesse James (PIT) @ PHI
15. Clive Walford (OAK) @ TEN
16. Kyle Rudolph (MIN) @ CAR
17. Coby Fleener (NO) vs. ATL – In yet another juicy match-up, this is Fleener’s last chance to prove he isn’t droppable.
Tier 4- Last startable options (shot at a TD)
18. Jordan Cameron (MIA) vs. CLE
19. Jared Cook (GB) vs. DET
20. Jimmy Graham (SEA) vs. SF
21. Vance McDonald (SF) @ SEA
22. Trey Burton (PHI) vs. PIT
23. UPDATE – Hunter Henry (SD) @ IND – Henry joins the radar given Gates’ questionable status. HC Mike McCoy stated after Thursday’s practice Henry “can do it all” and has been making countless impressive grabs all over the field this week. He’d be an interesting DFS dart throw if Gates is inactive.
Update – Gates is not expected to play, so Hunter gains a shred of fantasy consideration.
24. Zach Miller (CHI) @ DAL
25. Virgil Green (DEN) @ CIN
26. Charles Clay (BUF) vs. ARI
UPDATE Antonio Gates (SD) @ IND – Gates still hasn’t practiced, and is looking on the more doubtful side of questionable right now. Even if he plays, Gates figures to be severely limited. He’d still be a solid bet for a TD if active against such a hapless Colts defense, but I’d avoid if possible and a backup plan is necessary; on that note, rookie Chargers TE Hunter Henry has been impressing his coaches and is assuredly available on your wire if you need a desperate stop gap.
UPDATE – Gates did not practice Friday and is not expected to play. Get him out of lineups and look for Jacob Tamme as a plug-in.